Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Stuff I used in the Hospital

There are many things people recommend you take to the hospital for your stay.  However, since everyone is different, your needs will not match the recommendations.  Here is a quick list of things I actually USED while staying for 2 nights:
1.  Chapstick (I LOVE Burt's Bees Replenishing with Pomegranate Oil)
2.  Slippers
3.  Robe (to cover up your backside, since your gown is rarely tied closed due to constant examinations)
4.  Cell phone.  I texted friends to update them.
5.  Flip video camera (if you want to document what's happening like I did)
6.  Trashy magazines because who doesn't like trashy magazines to pass time quickly.  Plus, I had a lot of fashion magazines since I was enjoying entertaining the idea that I would soon be able to wear whatever I wanted.  Makes looking at fashion MUCH more fun when there are possibilities that you will wear them one day.
7.  A empire waist dress and slip on shoes to go home in.  Trust me, you won't want a waistband touching your incisions. 

Everything else was provided by the hospital - toothbrush, toothpaste, mouth rinse, pillows, blankets, socks, that sexy gown, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment